NAMI Wake County has set NAMI Basics Class to begin Sunday, January 10th from 2-5 PM
This is a FREE, 6-week educational program for parents, caregivers, and other family members who provide care for and care about children or youth (ages 22 and younger) who are experiencing mental health challenges. You can take advantage of this great opportunity from the comfort of your home because it is offered virtually on the Zoom platform.
Topics and the curriculum include:
- What, why, how questions about mental health challenges in our children
- The biology of mental health challenges
- Best practice treatments
- The value of family support, education, and advocacy
- Interacting with systems (mental health, school, etc.) and Recordkeeping
- Resources shared and explored
So here is how to register:
Contact us through the website at https://nami-wake.org/
On the Home page click the green button for “sign up for a class”.
“Submit a pre-registration form” and “click here”.
2) Call the NAMI Wake Helpline 919-848-4490, leave a message and the volunteer will return your call to complete the form with you on the phone and submit it. You will also get a confirmation call from a member of our Education Team.
You will see that NAMI also offers an ONDemad Basics that is website based.