Are you interested in making a meaningful difference in people’s lives?
The mission of NAMI North Carolina is to provide support, education, advocacy, and public awareness so that all affected by mental illness can build better lives. Although NAMI NC does not provide direct services, callers that reach out can receive information, warm support, and referrals to local resources. Our Helpline provides a vital service to those affected by mental illness in North Carolina. NAMI NC is now recruiting volunteer Helpline Responders to help provide this valuable service to our community. Helpline volunteers will gain experience in giving support to those in need, as well as become familiar with mental health resources throughout North Carolina. This position will be 100% remote (you can volunteer from anywhere in NC). Training and support will be provided.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in listening and ability to convey respectful, empathetic tones;
- Basic knowledge of mental illnesses, treatments, recovery, and mental health care systems with an interest in learning more;
- Minimum basic skills with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel);
- Bilingual English/Spanish ability strongly welcomed but not required;
- Respect and compassion for people affected by mental health conditions with a desire to help others facing mental health challenges;
- Ability to manage emotionally stressful situations with a positive spirit and open-mindedness; and
- Passion to learn about mental health conditions, resources, and behavioral health systems.
If you are interested in volunteering with Helpline, please contact Virginia Rodillas, Helpline Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.