What is the CIT International Conference?
The CIT International Conference brings together law enforcement, mental health providers, advocacy groups and others committed to improving responses to people experiencing mental health crisis in their community. The conference offers over 90 workshops on implementing and sustaining a CIT program; crisis response in urban, rural, and frontier communities; creating partnerships to serve children, adolescents and adults; jail and prison diversion; crisis response system solutions; and much more. To support participants in taking advantage of all the conference has to offer, recordings of workshop sessions will be available to view online for 30 days after the conference.
NAMI’s Scholarship Opportunity
With CIT International offering their conference virtually, NAMI is pleased to be able to provide scholarships to attend the conference for NAMI volunteers and NAMI State Organization and Affiliate staff who work on CIT programs. These scholarships will cover the cost to attend the virtual conference, as well as a one-year membership to CIT International (CITI). CIT International members have access to opportunities for networking with CITI members from around the world, support from subject matter experts, and resources that will strengthen community initiatives.
Scholarship nominees must be:
- A staff member, volunteer, or board member of a NAMI State Organization or NAMI Affiliate;
- Involved in their local CIT program OR working to create a CIT program in their community; and
- Nominated by the executive director of a NAMI State Organization.
Scholarship nominees could also be:
- From a local NAMI Affiliate. CIT and many other crisis response reform efforts are happening at the local level and Affiliates could be helpful in identifying nominees from your state.
- A peer or family member who shares their personal story during law enforcement training.
- Advocates who are involved in Stepping Up initiatives or other efforts to create reform in policing and criminal justice.